Since 1949, Combe brands have been part of people’s most personal moments. When a man faces his first gray hairs in the mirror — or a woman wonders how to care for the most intimate area of her body — Combe brands are here to help people feel like themselves again: Confident. Comfortable. Looking and feeling their best.
We put people’s personal care needs at the center of every thing we do. These aren’t niche needs. They are universal needs, but often kept private. We respect that. At Combe, instead of shying away from these very personal Personal Care problems, we aim to solve them. We believe that’s the right thing to do for people and the smart thing to do for business.
When Ivan B. Combe founded the company in 1949 his mission was to create products that meet real consumer needs that no other company was paying attention to or knew how to fix. He was an innovator, not an imitator, and it’s still the same today at Combe. Our current brands are category leaders in feminine health and intimate skin care, men’s hair color and grooming, and alternative denture care.
Building on Ivan Combe’s vision and leadership, his son, Chris Combe, along with Chris’ daughter, Keech Combe Shetty, and son-in-law, Akshay Shetty are now steering our company into the future. You could say we are heading into our third generation of Combe entrepreneurialism — building on our flagship brands, but always searching for our next breakthrough idea, ever-inspired by our company’s iconic big hits of the past.
We like to say, “There’s no place like Combe,” because it’s truly a unique place to work and build your career. When you ask around, it’s common to hear Combe people say, “This is where I get to do what I love to do with other people who also love what they do.” Ivan Combe set the standard for everyone with his entrepreneurial spirit, commitment, creativity, passion and compassion. More recently, Chris Combe, our Chairman and Ivan’s son, expressed some of our guiding principles for workplace success and satisfaction:
- Combe will continue to identify the very best people and give them a challenging and caring environment in which they can grow. Each employee at Combe is an individual. He or she is part of a family that thinks about the growth and future of its members as well as the company.
- Combe will develop new products that are unique and fill real consumer needs — a key to our remarkable 90% success rate on new products. We will continue to build those brands we already sell. Combe will look for new markets and identify acquisition opportunities.
- Combe will maintain its tradition of creative and effective use of advertising and media vital to communicating the benefits and brand personalities of our products around the world. We will continue to embrace new ideas and technologies that help us connect with our consumers, so that our products get into the hands of the people who need them.
To respond to current job postings at Combe Headquarters, please email your resume to John Alberto, Senior Vice President, Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a consumer of our products and have questions or comments regarding our company or our products, please contact Combe Consumer Resources and we’ll be happy to help you.
Click here to fill out our contact form.
If you are from a media organization, please send inquiries by email to email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF OUR USER AGREEMENT
Combe Incorporated (“Combe”) maintains this website (“Site”) to permit visitors from the United States to learn more about Combe, its businesses and its products. Please feel free to browse the Site for educational, informational, or entertainment purposes. By using this Site, however, you hereby agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this User Agreement (“Agreement”). Combe reserves the right at its own discretion to change the terms and conditions of the Agreement at any time and to notify users of any such changes by online postings. Your continued use of this Site after such postings will automatically constitute your acceptance of those changes.
Terms and Conditions
- This Site contains information about health and beauty care products that may or may not be available in certain parts of the world and/or that may be available under different trademarks. Additionally, the products may be subject to approval or clearance processes in some countries by various governmental agencies, and this may result in different indications, ingredients, restrictions, and labeling. Because of these variables, the product information that is available at this Site is intended for use by U.S. residents only. You should not construe anything at this Site as a promotion or a solicitation for any product or the possible use of any product that is not authorized by the laws and regulations of the country in which you are located. Combe is in the process of developing its Site to provide links to international sites providing information about Combe products, businesses and operations at such international locations. These international links can be accessed through the home page (www.combe.com). Those new international sites have information that will be appropriate to those countries and regions, and the product information that is available through such an international link is intended solely for use by, and is applicable only to, residents of that international location. Finally, descriptions of Combe’s products contained within this Site shall not constitute product labeling; you should use Combe’s products in accordance with the instructions contained on the cartons and labels found on those products in the country of purchase.
- All information (“Information”) that you read or see at this Site is protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws. The contents (“Contents”) are owned by Combe, its affiliates, or other third parties from whom Combe has received certain legal rights. You may not report, modify, publish, sell, reproduce, distribute, post, display, transmit, or in any way exploit any of this Site’s Contents for commercial purposes. You may, if you wish, download and retain on a disk or in hard drive form a single copy of the Contents of this Site for personal, non-commercial purposes as long as you do not remove any proprietary notices.
- While Combe has made reasonable efforts to include Information at this Site that is accurate and timely, Combe makes no representations or warranties as to such Information and, specifically, Combe assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Information or the Contents of this Site. Moreover, Combe neither warrants nor represents that your use of the Information will not infringe the rights of third parties who are not affiliated with Combe. Your access to and use of this Site are at your own risk, and neither Combe nor any party involved in the creation, transmittal, or maintenance of this Site shall be liable to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages of any kind allegedly arising out of your access or use of this Site, or your inability to access or use this Site. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the Contents of this Site are provided to you on an “AS IS” basis and specifically WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not permit the exclusion of implied warranties and, as a result, some of the exclusions referenced above may not apply to you. You should check your local laws for any limitations or restrictions that might impact you.
- Combe assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or any viruses that may infect, your computer equipment resulting from your access to or use of this Site, or the downloading of any Information from this Site.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Trademarks”) displayed throughout the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Combe and third party licensors. No license, right or permission is granted to you for any use of the Trademarks by you or anyone authorized by you. Misuse of the Trademarks is strictly prohibited and Combe will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the pursuit of criminal prosecutions whenever and wherever necessary.
- The pictures and images of people, products, places or things displayed on this Site are either the property of Combe or are used with the permission of third parties. Any use of such pictures or images by you or anyone authorized or affiliated with you is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized uses of pictures and images may violate copyright or trademark laws, privacy laws, or communications laws or regulations.
- Internet users located in countries that are subject to U.S. trade embargo laws and regulations are prohibited from accessing this Site, and are asked to exit promptly at this time.
- Any communication or material transmitted to this Site by electronic mail or other means, shall be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. This includes ideas, suggestions, comments, questions and any other information or data. Anything submitted to Combe can be used, reproduced, transmitted, disclosed or published by Combe or its affiliates without restriction or compensation. Ideas and suggestions which you believe are of a confidential and/or proprietary nature should not be submitted to Combe electronically or otherwise without first signing a confidential disclosure agreement prepared by Combe’s legal department or otherwise complying with alternate provisions set forth within or through this Site.
- This Site may provide on occasion links or references to other websites not affiliated with Combe. Combe is not responsible for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from users’ access to such sites. Links to other sites are provided only as a convenience to users of this Site.
- This Site may contain from time to time information related to various health, medical and fitness conditions and their treatment. Such information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by a physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult a physician and medical advisers.
- Combe reserves the right to alter or delete any material from the Content of this Site at any time. Combe further reserves the right to discontinue this Site at any time and without notice.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without regard to any conflicts of law provisions. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of, relating to, or in connection with this Site or this User Agreement, or the breach or validity of this User Agreement, shall be settled by arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association in effect at the time of the arbitration except as they may be modified herein. The seat of the arbitration shall be New York, New York, and the arbitration shall be conducted in the English language. The sole arbitrator shall be selected and appointed by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration award shall be in writing, and shall be final and binding on the parties. The award may include an award of costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements. Judgment upon the award may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof or having jurisdiction over the parties or their assets.
(This User Agreement was most recently amended on March 1, 2004. If you read a previous version, please take the time to re-read this revised document at this time.)
We believe women should not have to suffer in silence when vaginal health and the comfort of their most intimate skin is so crucial to every woman living up to her full potential every day. Around the world, Combe feminine care brands are dedicated to improving women’s intimate health and wellbeing, with innovative therapeutic formulas designed to relieve vaginal discomfort as well as proactively promote every day confidence.
Men's Hair Care
We believe in Freedom of Grooming. Men should feel free to look however they wish to look — with or without gray hair. When men want to enhance, reduce or get rid of their gray, they come to Combe. Our Just For Men brand is #1 in the world, because men trust us to create products that deliver superior, natural-looking results. No other brand is 100% dedicated to giving men easy options to groom away their gray so they can look the way they want to look every day.
We believe great brands can transcend time. Over the decades, men’s styles have come and gone and come back again. And Combe grooming brands have been there every step of the way. These are the brands that bring back memories. These are the originals. The classics being rediscovered by a new generation of men who want products that are masculine, authentic and uncomplicated in their grooming routine. These brands are where the American men’s grooming category began and they still have a loyal following today.
We believe denture wearers deserve a much cleaner, more comfortable alternative to old-fashioned, gooey denture adhesive pastes. Wearing dentures is hard enough. With our technologically advanced line of cushiony comfort, no-mess denture seals, denture wearers can feel at ease enjoying meals, conversation, and simply laughing with family and friends again.
Combe Incorporated (“Combe”), the operator of this and related websites, is dedicated to the protection of privacy on the Internet. This Privacy Statement for the United States describes the manner in which information is sometimes collected and used by Combe, and the means by which website visitors can have certain information deleted from Combe’s records and systems. We greatly respect the privacy of our online website visitors. That privacy can be maintained through adherence to the principles set forth in this document and our adherence to U.S. / EU Safe Harbor principles. Please read through this Privacy Statement carefully so that you are fully aware of your rights and ours.
What we collect…
We collect information on or through our websites that can personally identify you but this will only occur when such information is voluntarily offered by you. In short, when you visit our websites or interactive advertisements, we will not collect any personal information about you (such as your name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, or credit card information) unless you provide it to us voluntarily. If you decide not to provide us with personal information, you can still access our websites but you may be unable to participate in certain things, or receive product information offered through our websites or interactive advertisements.
Our websites sometimes include information about contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions that we are offering individually or jointly with one or more other parties, and we may allow you to enter electronically in some cases. If that occurs, we will use the information you provide for the purpose of conducting the event (for example, to notify you if you have won) and, when we have your consent, to offer you products and services of Combe and our joint event sponsors. In addition, we may also collect demographic and other data for advertising, promotion, and market research purposes.
At some of our websites you can request product samples, vote in polls, express an opinion, subscribe to one of our newsletters, or participate in one of our online forums. These programs require you to submit some information in order to participate. Combe may occasionally ask visitors to complete opinion polls or surveys to assess consumer interests, needs, and attitudes. Surveys help us provide better products and services that meet customer needs. Participation is completely voluntary and these surveys are optional.
If you provide our consumer service representatives with feedback on your experiences with our products or otherwise submit questions to our consumer service representatives, you will be asked to supply personal information for purposes of record-keeping and response.
In the situations described above, we may also enhance or merge your personal information with data obtained from third parties for the same purposes.
Combe works with various search entities to research certain usage and activities on our websites on our behalf. These entities use web beacons to conduct this research. The information collected through these web beacons is used to find out more about our users, including user demographics and usage patterns, for more accurate reporting and to improve the effectiveness of our marketing. Information recorded through the use of these web beacons is aggregated and then shared with us. No personally identifiable information about you is shared by these entities with Combe as a result of this research. If you prefer that these entities not record information by means of these web beacons on the Combe websites, please advise Combe Incorporated.
Aside from personal information, there will be occasions in which we may also collect information about you that you voluntarily submit and which is not personal, such as general statistical information like age, gender, zip/postal code, household size, interest, and preferences. Additionally, data which is not personal, including feedback, questions, comments, ideas and suggestions shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and Combe will be free to disclose and use such data for any purpose and through any means without any obligation whatsoever towards you. Please read our accompanying User Agreement for further information in this regard.
Our web server collects the domain names (but not the e-mail addresses) of visitors to our websites. The information is sometimes aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on visits, pages reviewed, and so forth. Combe utilizes this type of information to measure the use of our websites and periodically to improve their content.
Why we collect personal information…
Our principal goal in collecting personal information from you is to give us an opportunity to interact with you during and after your visit to our websites and interactive banner advertisements, and to allow us to develop new products and services that are more responsive to your needs and desires. Combe collects personally identifiable information to respond to visitor questions and comments about Combe, its products and services, and other products of interest, to send e-mail newsletters, and to contact winners of sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Personal information also allows us to provide online services and features that are more likely to meet your expectations, and to customize our services to make your online experience smooth, efficient, and enjoyable. Combe occasionally sends e-mail messages (describing new products, promotions or events) to visitors who have agreed to receive such mailings. These mailings are optional and you may opt-out of these mailings completely at any time.
About security and storage…
Combe has taken measures to keep all information from our online visitors as secure as possible against any unauthorized access or use. All information is protected by standard security measures that are periodically reviewed. Combe and its affiliated companies are part of a multinational organization. Your personal information will generally be stored in our databases, which are located in various jurisdictions including the United States and the European Union. For easier processing of e-mail campaigns or other marketing purposes, your personal information may be sent, usually on a temporary basis, to countries outside the United States or the European Union. Combe data protection standards are the same, regardless of where your personal information is stored. Further, we will only store your personal information for a reasonable period of time.
Sharing your information…
As stated above, your information may be transferred to one or more of our affiliated companies in other countries and regions of the world. Except for the situations described herein, we do not sell or transfer personal information to third parties outside of our global organization.
Occasionally, we may share personal information from you (such as name, mailing address, and e-mail address) with vendors, contractors, agents, or partners of Combe in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for or with Combe. These vendors, contractors, agents, or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for Combe, and they may not share or resell this data. The services they provide for Combe include mailing product samples, or contacting winners of Combe sweepstakes, contests, and promotions. Additionally, we may share your information with vendors that we have hired to send you the offers you requested or about which you have expressed interest. Except in those instances, we do not share, trade, or sell information about you with other marketers without your permission. We will share your information with third parties who are unaffiliated with Combe in those instances in which we obtain your consent.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we want you to understand that we reserve the right to share personal information with duly authorized governmental authorities where required by law or in other related situations where we believe that such sharing is reasonable and appropriate.
Sharing our information…
Occasionally, visitors will have the opportunity to forward product sampling prospects or other information on a Combe website to friends or relatives or to send messages from our websites or interactive advertisements to friends or relatives. The personal referral information you provide to facilitate this communication is used on a one-time basis or stored only for analysis purposes, and it is not further used by Combe to re-contact referred individuals, except in circumstances where we obtain consent from the people you have referred to receive communications from us.
We have a special message for parents. We care about personal privacy and our concerns are heightened when children are involved. We are especially mindful of the need for children to consult with their parents before furnishing personal information online. As a result of our concerns, we have posted special notices within our website to clearly label certain activities as inappropriate for children. However, we need your help. We urge you to monitor and supervise the Internet activities of your children.
Please understand that portions of our websites may from time to time have educational features and entertainment activities for children. However, we do not provide a mechanism for children to e-mail us from those websites. If your children need further information, we want you, not them, to contact us. Further, we want you to know that our Vagisil® Teen Center is for teenagers, not children, and we have posted a special notice to that effect. Our Vagisil® “Ask The Experts” interactive functions are also labeled in such a way as to discourage use by children. Despite these safeguards, it is possible that some children will contact us by e-mail. In the event that we receive an online transmission containing a child’s personal information, we will handle it in accordance with the principles enunciated previously. This includes the right of a parent to review and delete the child’s personal information.
What you can do…
You are in control of the personal information you provide to Combe online. You can:
- Ask for a copy of your personal information.
- Ask for your personal information to be corrected or updated.
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records.
If you have communicated with us electronically, and wish to do any of the preceding, please contact us electronically or write to us at:
1101 Westchester Ave.
White Plains, New York 10604
Please give us your full name and telephone number in case we have questions. We will use diligent efforts to fulfill your request on a timely basis.
As evidenced by this Privacy Statement, we believe that the interactive media can coexist with the fundamentals of privacy, and we will continue our efforts to ensure that that coexistence is harmonious.
Thank you for your visit. We hope you enjoy your stay.
(This Privacy Statement was most recently amended on May 27, 2008. If you read a previous version, please take the time to re-read this revised document at this time. )
Giving back to our community is a priority at Combe. We also believe as a global company with global health and personal care brands that we have a responsibility to get involved with women’s and men’s health and wellness initiatives around the world. These are just some of the local programs and global organizations that everyone at Combe helps to support.
SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
Combe Incorporated (“Combe”) holds itself and its affiliated companies to high ethical standards and it expects its suppliers to conduct themselves in the same manner. Suppliers are obligated to comply with all applicable national, federal, state, provincial, and local laws, regulations, directives, rules, and requirements with respect to all products and services that they manufacture, distribute or otherwise provide to Combe or others. As a condition of doing business with Combe, suppliers are also expected to conform to the requirements set forth in this Supplier Code of Conduct, and to take appropriate measures to ensure compliance from their sources in the supply chain. If the legal requirements imposed by the governmental authorities do not provide the protections that Combe expects, Combe reserves the right to impose higher standards.
Combe’s requirements for supplier business conduct are as follows:
Legal Requirements. Suppliers’ plants shall operate in full compliance with the legal requirements in their respective countries.
Compliance Systems. Suppliers shall maintain compliance systems, and must be able to demonstrate a satisfactory record of compliance with legal requirements in their business conduct.
Labor and Human Rights
Antidiscrimination. Suppliers shall not discriminate against any worker based on race, color, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, or other legally recognized factors in hiring and/or employment decisions.
Child Labor. The employment or use of underage labor by suppliers is strictly prohibited.
Education. Both Combe and its suppliers shall take reasonable measures to ensure that employees who are responsible for supply side management receive training on human trafficking and slavery, with a focus on the risks within supply chains.
Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining. Suppliers shall respect the principles of freedom of association and collective bargaining as they are defined by applicable law.
Forced Labor. Suppliers shall not use forced or involuntary labor, whether bonded, prison, military, compulsory or indentured labor, including debt servitude. All employment must be voluntary with employees free to leave work or terminate their employment status with reasonable notification.
Humane Treatment. Suppliers must be committed to a workplace free of harassment. Suppliers shall not threaten and/or harass workers, and shall not physically abuse employees.
Human Rights. Suppliers must uphold the human rights of workers, and treat them with dignity and respect.
Wages and Benefits. Suppliers shall provide workers with pay and benefits as required by applicable law or other requirements, including compliance with minimum wage and overtime requirements, and shall pay employees in a timely fashion.
Work Hours and Overtime. Suppliers shall set work schedules and overtime policies consistent with legal requirements. Suppliers shall abide by maximum hour and workweek laws.
Health and Safety
General. Suppliers shall provide workers with a safe, clean and healthy work setting.
General. Suppliers shall comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
Fair Business Practices
General. Suppliers shall act with integrity and in a lawful manner in the proper handling of competitive data, proprietary information and other intellectual property, and shall comply with applicable legal requirements regarding fair competition, antitrust, and truthful marketing of products and services.
General. The offering or acceptance of bribes, kickbacks, and/or other illegal payments subverts fair competition, and erodes the moral standing of all those involved. This would include gratuities (i.e., meaning anything of value) offered to governmental officials or employees. These activities are not condoned and will not be tolerated. Additionally, Combe prohibits the offer or acceptance of gifts or gratuities that the recipient would likely consider to be of substantial value.
Compliance. Suppliers shall comply with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 (FCPA) (15 U.S.C. §§ 78dd-1, et seq.) and all applicable laws and regulations related to anticorruption and bribery.
General. Suppliers must demonstrate compliance with this Supplier Code of Conduct upon request of Combe. Combe reserves the right to audit compliance either directly or a through independent third party. If a Supplier fails to comply with any aspect of this Supplier Code of Conduct, Combe shall insist upon the implementation of corrective action(s). Combe reserves the right to terminate any arrangement or agreement with any Supplier that cannot demonstrate compliance with this Supplier Code of Conduct and/or fails to take the required corrective action(s).
General. Suppliers shall adopt and maintain internal management systems that support compliance with the content of this Supplier Code of Conduct. Additionally, the management systems should be designed in a manner which ensures compliance with legal requirements and customer requirements.